Tuesday, March 10, 2009

SICKO

Honestly...the idea of comparing health systems to other countries did not really come to mind until Obama and USC.  I mean I guess I did not really know much about our health system: How it worked? Why it was so expensive? What are the Pros and Cons?  And today during my CPR class, my classmates were asking me (because of MPH) what I thought our healthcare system should be?  No one has really asked me this question.  My response: I think that our healthcare system really needs reform.  I am not sure how and what should be done...but I do know that it will take a very very long time and lots of negotiation because HMO, PPO, Healthcare professionals, and the government.  I feel like we should take a little from every system and completely recreate our system.  I think the Universal health care is great but it probably won't really work in our country.  I think that Canada's system is also great...but Can we really affoard to limit access and availability to certain professions/technologies?  I am not really sure how to answer this question, but the general consenus is that our system needs a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment